Construction Project Manager
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
This successful candidate will be an integral part of supporting the Facilities team making Facebook the number one place to work globally. They will also help create industry leading workplaces that will promote Facebook's brand, support Facebook's sales processes and help attract and retain top industry talent.Facebook is seeking a highly experienced Construction Project Manager to manage and work on relocation, expansion and renovation projects in its EMEA offices. This management position has administrative, operational, financial and management accountability for Facebook's construction management programs and activities in the region. This full-time position is located in our Dublin, Ireland office and will report to the Director, EMEA Real Estate and Projects.Work with the local business units, their offices, corporate departments and design teams throughout the EMEA region to define the scope of work, space planning requirements, integrate Facebook's Global look and feel designs, sustainability standards, furniture / equipment needs;Prepare and track project budgets, including supporting schedules for construction, change orders, payments, furniture, etc.;Monitor construction progress to ensure construction quality and conformity to plan/organizational standards, participating in construction and furniture punch list preparation and follow up.;Manage, coordinate and interact with suppliers, vendors, multi disciplinary consultant teams (design, cost and PM consultants) and other service contractors (landlord, life/safety systems, building control,…).
- Participate and develop plans for continuous improvements and be accountable within a budget
- Translate the Facebook culture and values into the workplace and built environment
- Ensure the look and feel of Facebook's offices are consistent with global standards whilst respecting local culture
- Work with the Real Estate team to develop strong relationships with key internal stakeholders including, Audio Visual, Security, Events, Finance, Legal, HR and Culinary teams
- Plan, organize, direct, and coordinate the full range of duties related to construction projects in EMEA
- This person must be independent, flexible and creative to respond to customers and projects as they may occur
- University degree or equivalent experience in related area
- 7+ years design-related and/or project management experience
- Mechanical and Electrical Experience is an advantage
- Experience in an EMEA support capacity on a design and construction role
- Experience working with global teams managing projects, overseeing and directing the work of others in multiple locations in a service oriented environment
- Ability to work effectively under pressure in a fast-paced, growing environment
- Excellent planning and decision-making ability to define and meet performance requirements
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong level of computer literacy and knowledge of key packages to produce reports, etc. – AutoCAD, MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Project
- Travel will be an essential criteria for this role.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top