Construction Program Manager
Our data centers are the foundation upon which our software operates with efficient ease. Building and operating data centers the "right" way from the day we break ground and go live is synonymous with ensuring capacity availability and capital conservatism. Designing, constructing, operating and continually innovating the infrastructure within our data centers are fundamental to providing high availability, the capacity to meet our extreme growth demands and obtaining the most robust and cost-effective online service in the world!
Facebook is seeking a seasoned construction professional to join our Data Center construction team as a Special Projects Construction Program Manager. In this role, you will work closely with the Infrastructure Construction Management (ICM) teams and various internal departments including Pre-Construction, Construction, Business Operations, Facility Operations, Global Data Center Connectivity, Site Operations and Facilities Engineering. The focus will be on end-to-end program management and global rollout of retrofit construction projects to site Project Managers for execution. A typical program consists from 2 to over 20 individual, but similar projects that require a global concept to be turned into construction execution packages for individual sites to execute upon. The program must be monitored and controlled over its lifecycle to build efficiency and consistency across future repeatable projects.
The Special Projects Group within the ICM team focuses on medium scale ($3 Million - $100 Million) technical construction projects (Capital Projects) supporting our existing Data Center sites globally and oversight of all construction at Facebook leased facilities. The ideal candidate will have a background in managing large multi site/facility programs consisting of many retrofit projects across diverse geographical regions. Strong communication and project management skills will be key to success in this role. This full-time role, which is based at our Fremont, California office, will involve occasional (approximately 30-40%) travel to project or headquarter sites located across the globe.
CONSTRUCTION PROGRAM MANAGER RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage a program consisting of a series of projects throughout the lifecycle of the program, from initiation and preconstruction to execution and closeout.
- Provide program planning and scoping by working with cross functional partners and internal customers to identify, sequence, and package work scopes for execution.
- Define program processes and standards needed to monitor & control programs of work across several geographic regions.
- Define and manage program stakeholders across various cross functional teams.
- Lead the creation and maintenance of program schedules with support from Project Controls.
- Support development of capital project program budgets and obtain ROM construction cost estimates.
- Identify, communicate, mitigate, and control long term risks to the program.
- Support the RFP process for consultants, contractors, and suppliers for the program.
- Provide and handoff project execution packages to the site Project Managers and serve as an escalation path in support of the program.
- Manage and report on program-level financials and change management.
- Monitor program progress and health against key metrics (schedule, budget, etc.) and communicate regular status reports to executive leadership and stakeholders.
- Coordinate programs/projects and their interdependencies between various other projects in the portfolio and/or among other stakeholder groups.
- Manage internal and external resource allocation (staff, contractors, vendors) in support of the programs.
- Bachelor's degree in Construction Management, Engineering or equivalent degree.
- At least twelve (12) years of experience in any combination of construction, operations, maintenance, and project planning.
- Experience with retrofit projects in live data centers or other mission critical buildings.
- Knowledge of building systems including mechanical, electrical, and fire protection in a data center or equal environment.
- Knowledge of CPM scheduling practices.
- Experience building consensus and communicate with audiences (stakeholders to executive leadership).
- Negotiation experience and experience with providing solutions to problems.
- Knowledge in MS Office products (e.g Word, Excel, and PowerPoint etc.).
- At least three (3) years of experience in program management.
- Data center design and construction experience.
- Project Manager Professional (PMP) certification preferred, Program Management Professional (PgMP).
- Familiarity with ground-up construction and greenfield site development requirements.
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
RELATED JOB OPENINGS
- Data Center Capacity Analyst
Menlo Park, CA + 1 More
- Data Center Strategic Capacity Manager
Menlo Park, CA + 1 More
- Network Engineer, Deployment & Support
- Oi Engineer
Menlo Park, CA + 1 More
- Project Engineer, Data Center Design
- Site Development Program Manager
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com . Requests sent to this email address that do not pertain to disability or religious accommodations cannot be answered.
Questions? Check out our FAQs.
Back to top