Construction Manager, Special Projects
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
In this role, you will work closely with the Infrastructure Construction Management teams and various internal departments including Cost Control, Pre-Construction, Facility Operations, Data Center Connectivity and Operations Engineering. The focus will be on program management of retrofit construction projects in the areas of cost control, communications, scheduling, and general operations. The Special Projects Group within the infrastructure team focuses on small to medium scale technical construction projects supporting our existing Data Center sites globally and oversight of all construction on FB occupied co-location facilities. The ideal candidate will have a background in general construction practices both in the field and from the client's perspective. Strong communication and project management skills will be key to success in this role. This full-time role, which is based at our Papillion, Nebraska Data Center (20 min outside of Omaha), will involve periodic travel to various project sites and the home office in California.
- Provide project planning and scoping by working with cross-functional partners and internal customers to identify, sequence and package work scopes for execution.
- Creation and maintenance of project schedules.
- Manage design, construction, commissioning and closeout of multiple consecutive data center capacity augment and/or retrofit projects.
- Provide contractor, designer and Owner Furnished Equipment (OFE) vendor oversight on a per project basis.
- Provide project management of internal project delivery process to include procurement, scheduling, and internal communication and coordination.
- Provide cost saving solutions and negotiate contractor change orders.
- Assist with developing capital project budgets and provide ROM construction cost estimates.
- Manage monthly capex forecasting for all project related costs.
- Provide weekly project status report (financial, schedule, Q/C).
- Manage new and retrofit projects at active Data Center site working around live environments.
- Manage Method of Procedures (MOPs) for any retrofit/remedy work in live data center.
- Provide construction consulting services to local Ops team and other cross-functional departments.
- Occasional 15% travel to other sites and home office in Menlo Park, CA and Dublin, Ireland.
- Bachelor's degree in Construction Management, Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or equivalent degree and/or minimum of eight years experience in any combination of construction, operations, maintenance, and project planning.
- Knowledge of building systems including mechanical, electrical, and fire protection in a data center environment.
- Experience negotiating and providing solutions to problems.
- Communications experience.
- Knowledge of CPM scheduling practices and Primavera P6 software.
- Knowledge in MS Project, MS Office products (e.g. Word, Excel, and PowerPoint etc.).
- Familiarity with retrofit projects in live data centers.
- Data center development and construction experience.
- Familiarity with ground-up construction and greenfield site development requirements.
- Knowledge of local US industry standards, building codes and safety standards.
Back to top