In this role, you will work closely with the Infrastructure Construction Management (ICM) teams and various internal departments including Cost Control, Pre-Construction, Facility Operations, Global Data Center Connectivity, Site Operations and Facilities Engineering. The focus will be on program management of retrofit construction projects in the areas of cost control, communications, scheduling, and general operations. The Special Projects Group within the ICM team focuses on small to large scale technical construction projects (Capital Projects) supporting our existing Data Center sites globally and oversight of all construction on Facebook leased facilities.
The ideal candidate will have a background in general construction practices both in the field and from the client's perspective. Strong communication and project management skills will be key to success in this role. This full-time role, which is based at our Forest City, North Carolina Data Center (60 minutes outside of Charlotte, North Carolina), will involve periodic travel to various project sites and the home office in Menlo Park, California.
CONSTRUCTION MANAGER RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide ICM leadership at the site by developing and maintaining strong relationships with our cross-functional partners, consultants, vendors, and contractors.
- Provide project planning and scoping by working with cross-functional partners and internal customers to identify, sequence and package work scopes for execution.
- Creation and maintenance of project schedules.
- Manage design, construction, commissioning and closeout of multiple consecutive data center capacity augment and/or retrofit projects.
- Provide contractor, designer and Owner Furnished Equipment (OFE) vendor oversight on a per project basis.
- Provide project management of internal project delivery process to include procurement, scheduling, and internal communication and coordination.
- Provide cost saving solutions and negotiate contractor change orders.
- Assist with developing capital project budgets and provide ROM construction cost estimates.
- Manage monthly capex forecasting for all project related costs.
- Provide weekly project status report (financial, schedule, Q/C).
- Manage new and retrofit projects at active Data Center site working around live environments.
- Manage Method of Procedures (MOPs) for any retrofit/remedy work in live data center.
- Provide construction consulting services to local Ops team and other cross-functional departments.
- Participate and contribute to initiatives outside of project work to improve the performance of the team.
- Occasional (approximately 15%) travel to other sites and home office in Menlo Park, CA.
- Bachelor's degree in Construction Management, Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or equivalent degree and/or minimum of 8 years experience in any combination of construction, operations, maintenance, and project planning.
- Knowledge of building systems including mechanical, electrical, and fire protection in a data center environment.
- Negotiation experience and experience providing solutions to problems.
- Experience with CPM scheduling practices and knowledge with Primavera P6 software.
- Experience in MS Office products (e.g. Word, Excel, and PowerPoint etc.).
- Data center design and construction experience.
- Project Manager Professional certification.
- Experience with ground-up construction and greenfield site development requirements.
- Experience with retrofit projects in live data centers or other mission critical buildings, including the development of Methods of Procedures (MOPs).
- Knowledge of local US industry standards, building codes and safety standards.
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
RELATED JOB OPENINGS
- Critical Facilities Engineer
Forest City, NC
- Data Center Production Operations Engineer
Forest City, NC
- Electrical Subject Matter Expert
Forest City, NC
- Geo Program Manager, Global Data Center Connectivity
Los Lunas, NM + 13 More
- Process Integration Analyst
Newton County, GA + 2 More
- Site Project Manager
Forest City, NC
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com . Requests sent to this email address that do not pertain to disability or religious accommodations cannot be answered.
Questions? Check out our FAQs.
Back to top