- Odense, Denmark
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking an experienced Construction Manager to join our Data Center Engineering & Construction Team. Our data centers are the foundation upon which our rapidly scaling infrastructure efficiently operates and upon which our innovative services are delivered. Building and operating data centers the "right" way is synonymous with ensuring high uptime, capacity availability and capital conservation. The data center engineering team thinks from chip to chiller (or electrical substation), determining configurations and ensuring maximum efficiency of our compute infrastructure
This is a full time position based in our Odense campus in Denmark.
- Support Facebook Campus Construction Manager who manages the construction of a multi-phased data center projects
- Assist Facebook Campus Construction Manager on contractor, designer and vendor management
- Overall accountability and responsibility throughout the project duration to meet the Project Objectives.
- Communicates the Project Objectives to the Project Team.
- Establishes communications expectations for the project - communication plan.
- Supporting the development of OHS policies and programs
- Provide cost saving solutions and negotiate contractor change orders
- Assist with developing capital project budgets and provide ROM construction cost estimates
- Support Facebook Campus Construction Manager on-site inspection process
- Work with Procurement Department on equipment procurement and delivery process
- Provide weekly project status report (financial, schedule, Q/C). Communicates status of assigned projects on an ongoing basis to the key project stakeholders.
- Manage warranty work program for existing data center buildings
- Manges the project's risk management process.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with stakeholders with regular syncs and check-ins
- Travel required to Dublin or headquarters (Fremont, CA)
- Respond on an as-needed basis to emergencies
- Successful candidate must live in country
- Bachelor's degree in Construction Management, Civil Engineering or equivalent degree
- Minimum of ten years of work experience in construction and project planning
- Experience with ground-up construction and greenfield site development requirements
- Experience in construction management, capital budget management, and in electrical and mechanical systems
- Knowledge of industry standards, building codes and safety standards including fire protection regulations
- Negotiation experience and experience providing solutions to problems
- MS Project, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint experience
- Combined Data center development and construction experience
Back to top