Construction Health & Safety Specialist
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities â€" we're just getting started.
Facebook was built to help people connect and share, and over the last decade our tools have played a critical part in changing how people around the world communicate with one another. With over a billion people using the service and more than fifty offices around the globe, a career at Facebook offers countless ways to make an impact in a fast growing organization.
Facebook is seeking a seasoned professional to join our Infrastructure Construction Management team as a Health & Safety Specialist. The Health & Safety Specialist must be experienced in providing guidance on complex construction activities related to safety, insurance, regulatory agency compliance and risk management. The Health & Safety Specialist will be a vital component in ensuring the success of the global safety program we are establishing for our data center construction program.
The Infrastructure Construction Management team builds the data centers that are the foundation upon which our software operates with efficient ease. Building and operating data centers the "right" way from the day they go live is synonymous with ensuring capacity availability and capital conservatism. Architecting, constructing, operating and continually innovating the telecommunications and structured cabling infrastructure within our data centers is fundamental to ensuring high availability, the capacity to meet our extreme growth demands and obtaining the most robust and cost effective online service in the world!
The successful candidate will provide the jobsite with loss control services that assist the project team in delivering a safe job. This position is full-time and located in our Odense, Denmark data center campus.
- Coordinate and provide direction, training and mentoring to on site construction teams and internal Facebook stakeholders to implement effective safety methodologies.
- Perform risk assessments for all construction related tasks.
- Collaborate with our General Contractor to monitor the safety program on the project site and maintain a good working relationship to facilitate zero incidents.
- Provide guidance to the project team, and our contractors, to implement effective safety methodologies on site.
- Facilitate incident investigation, root cause analysis and reporting for corrective actions.
- Work in conjunction with Construction Health & Safety Team to ensure deliverables and job functions maintain minimum standards.
- Coordination of FM Global review and site visits.
- Participate and assist with on-site training to enhance safety efforts.
- Be actively engaged in maintaining cross-functional relationships to foster cooperation and enhance safety endeavors.
- Effectively integrate into the construction sequence on site to facilitate best in class safety performance.
- Function within the framework of a holistic risk management program.
- Bachelor's degree in Construction Management, Occupational Health, Safety & Welfare or equivalent Health and Safety degree from an accredited university and/or minimum of five (5) years professional experience in construction industry mainly focused on Health and Safety.
- Experience working with EU building codes and health & safety regulations.
- Certifications recognized by Institute of Occupational Safety & Health (IOSH), the British Safety Council or other institutions well known and respected in the construction industry.
- Experience with the implementation of Environmental Health & Safety enhancement programs.
- Ability to partner with team members and contractors to implement change.
- Must hold sufficient industry knowledge to understand the design and deployment of technical electrical and mechanical systems as related to data center construction processes.
- Understanding of standard practices in the design and construction industry, including knowledge of fast-track design-build process and associated documents and contracts.
- Experience with ground-up construction and greenfield site development requirements.
- Experience with retrofit projects in live mission-critical environments or occupied spaces.
- Must have strong written and verbal communications/reporting skills.
- Must be proficient with MS Project, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Limited (15%) travel within EMEA and occasional travel to US Headquarters are required.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top