Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook was built to help people connect and share, and over the last decade our tools have played a critical part in changing how people around the world communicate with one another. There are over two billion people using our services and over 60 offices around the globe, a career at Facebook offers countless ways to make an impact in a fast growing organization.
Our data centers are the foundation upon which our software operates with efficient ease. Building and operating data centers the "right" way from the day they go live is synonymous with ensuring capacity availability and capital conservatism. Designing, constructing, operating and continually innovating the telecommunications and structured cabling infrastructure within our data centers is fundamental to ensuring high availability, the capacity to meet our extreme growth demands and obtaining the most robust and cost effective online service in the world!
This position is full-time and located in our Lulea site, however, the project locations will be spread across EMEA. Managing stakeholders located across all regions and time zones is a significant challenge and is key to the success of our projects.
- Manage construction projects in the existing buildings as the owner's representative.
- Manage on-site construction management and support team.
- Provide cost saving solutions and negotiate contractor change orders.
- Assist with developing capital project budgets and provide ROM construction cost estimates in coordination with project controls team and third-party cost management and quantity surveying company.
- Assist project controls team on monthly forecasting for all project related costs.
- Work with Sourcing and Procurement team on equipment procurement and delivery process.
- Provide weekly project status report (i.e. financial, schedule, Q/C).
- Manage warranty work program for existing data center buildings.
- Provide construction consulting services to internal partners and other cross functional teams.
- Bachelor's degree in Construction Management, Engineering or equivalent degree and/or 5 + years professional experience in any combination of construction, operations, maintenance, and project planning.
- Data center experience is preferable.
- Knowledge of construction management, capital budget, electrical and mechanical systems.
- Knowledge of industry standards, building codes and safety standards including fire protection regulations.
- Effective negotiation skills and ability to provide solutions to complex problems under pressure.
- Must be familiar with MS Project, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Back to top