Construction Document Control Specialist
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
The Infrastructure Construction Management team builds the data centers that are the foundation upon which our software operates with efficient ease. Building and operating data centers the "right" way from the day they go live is synonymous with ensuring capacity availability and capital conservatism. Architecting, constructing, operating and continually innovating the telecommunications and structured cabling infrastructure within our data centers is fundamental to ensuring high availability, the capacity to meet our extreme growth demands and obtaining the most robust and cost effective online service in the world!
Facebook is seeking a Document Control Specialist to develop, document and administer the best practices, drawing standards, and revision control strategy for the documents produced during green-field and retrofit data center construction projects and operations. The Document Control Specialist will modify and maintain program documents of record, ensuring these documents present a consistent and accurate view of the global construction management program.
This position is full-time and located in our Dublin International Headquarters.
- Establish and maintain the file repositories and folder structure for design, construction, operations, commercial and quality documents
- Develop and maintain robust document backup and retention systems, ensuring reliable and secure access to the documents of record
- Establish and administer the document storage protocol, ensure document storage consistency and quality across projects, provide training to project team members
- Own the master file format for all electronic files and incorporate changes when appropriate
- Develop an audit system and work with team leads to agree on the frequency and metrics associated with this.
- Train new and existing employees regularly regarding developed standards
- Support a geographically and operationally diverse team on document control related matters with travel to data center sites for project reviews and process development as required
- Minimum of 4 years of professional experience managing construction records and project related documentation
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Architecture, Science, Accounting or Finance
- Experience with eBuilder, SharePoint, Procore, Revit, Bluebeam, AutoCAD or equivalent tools
- Knowledge of record management processes and financial work breakdown structures
- Must have strong written and verbal communications/reporting skills.
- Must be proficient with MS Project, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Some (15%) travel within EMEA and occasional travel to US Headquarters are required.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top