Construction Cost Manager
- Dublin, Ireland
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking an experienced individual to join our Data Center Construction team as a Construction Cost Manager. The Construction Cost Manager must be experienced in Post Contract cost administration on active and highly complex construction projects. A successful candidate must be detail oriented, have experience maintaining cost databases, and be able to deliver reports timely and accurately.
The Construction Cost Manager will provide the vital cost information needed to bring predictability to the project and for Construction Managers to take action during the construction phase of a data center. The Construction Cost Manager will work closely with various departments, including Construction, Design, Sourcing, Pre Construction, Procurement, Accounting and Finance to support all aspects of project construction cost management. The responsibilities of this role will include post contract cost management for a data centre campus. Covering new build projects and retrofit work. Scope includes areas such as change management, cashflow forecasting, cost reporting, management of internal cost databases as well as being able to generate reports for monthly meetings and as requested by site management. They will also oversee training others on our internal cost management systems as needed.
This position is full-time and located in our Dublin International Headquarters. However, the project locations will be spread across EMEA.
Managing stakeholders located across all these regions and time zones is a challenge and is key to the success of the projects
- Daily deliverables associated with post contract cost management, engagement with contractors and providing all required support to the Construction Management team.
- Assemble, analyze and report on the financial status of construction projects in EMEA region in coordination with Construction Management team for monthly meetings and others as requested.
- Manage cost databases by inputting and tracking budgets, commitments, and invoices in an electronic cost database
- Preparation & reporting of cash flow forecasting for all Capex cost categories. Analysis and review of yearly, quarterly and monthly forecast vs the actual costs incurred.
- Working with general contractors, consultants and vendors on a monthly basis to review and report on spend projections, actual payments, projected final accounts and interim reporting.
- Working with cross functional partners on cost database metrics, project budgeting, market analysis and presentation of data collected from projects
- Reconcile accounts to ensure the accuracy of financial information being reported.
- Work with accounting and payment processing teams to track the status of vendor payments
- Track the status of purchase orders and monitor balance amounts, identify increases that may be required and close out when needed.
- Supervise third party cost management and quantity surveying companies.
- Bachelor's degree in Construction Management and or Quantity Surveying or an equivalent technical degree with 10+ years direct professional experience in managing costs and vendor contracts for large scale construction or development projects (preferably across the Europe)
- Experience in database administration, data entry and data analysis.
- Hands-on experience analyzing cost data and reporting results to management.
- Familiar with construction industry terms and procedures.
- Experience in data center construction or other mission critical projects is preferable
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely on the financial status of multiple construction sites to construction managers.
- Must be highly proficient in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Must be highly proficient in QS Estimating software.
- Knowledge in Building Information Modelling software systems preferable.
Back to top