Construction Cost Analyst (Quantity Surveyor)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Our data centers are the foundation upon which our software operates with efficient ease. Building and operating data centers the "right" way from the day they go live is synonymous with ensuring capacity availability and capital conservatism. Designing, constructing, operating and continually innovating the telecommunications and structured cabling infrastructure within our data centers is fundamental to ensuring high availability, the capacity to meet our extreme growth demands and obtaining the most robust and cost effective online service in the world!
Facebook is seeking an experienced individual to join our Data Center Construction team as a Cost Analyst. The Cost Analyst must be experienced in cost reporting on active and highly complex construction projects. A successful candidate must be detail oriented, have experience maintaining cost databases, and be able to deliver reports timely and accurately. The Cost Analyst will provide the vital cost information needed for project managers to take positive action during the construction phase of a data center. The Cost Analyst will work closely with various departments, including Construction, Design, Sourcing, Procurement, Accounting and Finance to support all aspects of project cost and document management, vendor invoices and financial forecasting.
The responsibilities of this role will help gather cost data and input it into our electronic database as well as being able to generate reports for monthly meetings and as requested by site management. They will also be in charge of training others how to use our internal cost management systems as needed. This position is full-time and located in our Dublin International Headquarters. However, the project locations will be spread across EMEA. Managing stakeholders located across all these regions and time zones is a significant challenge and is key to the success of the projects.
- Assemble, analyze and report on the financial status of construction projects in EMEA region in coordination with Construction Management team for monthly meetings and others as requested.
- Manage cost databases by inputting and tracking budgets, commitments, and invoices in an electronic cost database (E-Builder and Oracle).
- Preparation & reporting of cash flow forecasting for all Capex cost categories. Analysis and review of yearly, quarterly and monthly forecast vs the actual costs incurred.
- Working with general contractors, consultants and vendors on a monthly basis to review and report on spend projections, actual payments, projected final accounts and interim reporting.
- Working with cross functional partners on cost database metrics, project budgeting, market analysis and presentation of data collected from projects.
- Reconcile accounts to ensure the accuracy of financial information being reported (i.e. between E-Builder and Oracle).
- Work with accounting and payment processing teams to track the status of vendor payments.
- Raise help tasks to increase purchase order budgets as needed.
- Track the status of purchase orders and monitor balance amounts, identify increases that may be required and close out when needed.
- Train others in the use of our electronic cost databases (E-Builder and Oracle).
- Supervise third party cost management and quantity surveying companies.
- Bachelor's degree in Construction Management, Quantity Surveying, Accounting, Business Administration or equivalent technical degree and/or 5+ years direct professional experience in managing costs and vendor contracts for large scale construction or development projects (preferably across the Europe)
- Experience in database administration, data entry, or data analysis.
- Hands-on experience analyzing cost data and reporting results to management.
- Familiar with construction industry terms and procedures.
- Experience in data center construction or other mission critical projects is preferable.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely on the financial status of multiple construction sites to construction managers.
- Must be knowledgeable in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Back to top