Connectivity Technologies and Ecosystems Manager
Attempting to connect the world requires an alternative approach to building and deploying telecom network infrastructure. Through organisations like the Telecom Infra Project (http://www.telecominfraproject.com/) (TIP) and through direct engagement with individual operators around the world, the team collaborates globally with the telecom industry to identify and execute a range of connectivity programs. If you have passion for working with operators, ISPs, technology vendors and other industry stakeholders to drive innovative, cutting edge, cost-efficient connectivity infrastructure projects that will deliver Internet access to the unconnected while significantly scaling current networks - then this is a great role for you.
As a Connectivity Technologies and Ecosystems Manager you will work closely with the Facebook Connectivity team and TIP ecosystem members to develop technologies and programs to bring more people online to a faster Internet. You will interface with large network operators, industry leading hardware/software vendors, systems solution providers, and many other connectivity partners, to understand how Facebook and its partners' contributions can be of most impact to the diverse connectivity ecosystem. This position is full-time and is based in London.
CONNECTIVITY TECHNOLOGIES AND ECOSYSTEMS MANAGER RESPONSIBILITIES
- An industry expert who takes a company-wide perspective to problem solving, questions the status quo, and applies a strategic vision for shaping Telecom Infrastructure Project (TIP) efforts across access, backhaul and core domains. Ultimately, enable infrastructure solutions with the operator community, drive deployments at scale and influence the industry at large.
- Establish and develop personal and functional credibility with key leaders of industry partners and operators.
- Identify new areas of opportunity and build programs that tackle complex problems from scratch.
- Foster win-win partnerships between Facebook and partner companies
- Support the team in defining cutting edge telecom network deployment approaches and leading operator trials of innovative infrastructure solutions, in turn fulfilling the vision for wider scale telecom infrastructure adoption.
- Support the team in internal cross-functional engagements with program management, engineering, partnerships, product management and supply chain teams in advancing projects.
- Manage the relationship with key network operators and technology partners to identify the most impactful opportunities, reduce friction and remove obstacles preventing technology readiness and market adoption.
- Advocate internally at Facebook, through the Telecom Infrastructure Project (TIP), and the partner community at large on how to successfully deploy new telecom hardware and software solutions across the industry.
- Educate Facebook teams about how to contribute to TIP, highlight achievements/impact of contributions and share developments coming from partners.
- Stay abreast of developments in the telecom domain including technology R&D, use-cases, hardware/software evolution and share that knowledge with the team.
- Lead the direction and expansion of the team, helping to scope future roles as the charter of the team grows.
- Global leadership experience and coordination skills along with multitasking capabilities to get things done in a fast paced environment.
- Executive level partnership and program experience at technology or operator companies.
- Experience in partner management, a track record of influencing change in organizations, and the ability to synthesize and execute against problems and timelines.
- Interpersonal skills, including relationship building and collaboration within a diverse, cross-functional team.
- Previous experience (10+ years) in technology business development, product management, or as a manager/engineer in R&D, technical marketing, solutions architecture, product engineering or consultancy services in areas related to connectivity infrastructure.
- Excellent communication skills including ability to speak to technical and business audiences including C-level execs.
- Ability to translate technical features into end-user use cases and identify related business opportunities, and vice-versa.
- Fluency in English. Other languages are a plus.
- MBA or BS/Masters in Telecommunications engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or equivalent degree/experience.
- Willingness and ability to travel internationally up to 30% of time.
- Firm understanding of the telecom technology industry: use cases, solutions, standards, certification bodies, ODMs, OEMs, System Integrators, component providers, etc.
- Firm understanding of mobile network operators: service offerings, organisational structures, challenges, procurement processes, competitive landscape, etc.
- Ability to understand network operator deployment scenarios such as different geographies, population densities, indoor vs. outdoor, range of ARPUs and uses cases such as fixed/mobile access, enterprise/public access to drive development of flexible, cost-effective and open infrastructure
- Familiarity with the evolution and recent development of access, backhaul or core technologies (IP/MPLS networks, optical networking, cellular 2G/3G/4G/5G, etc.)
- Practical technical knowledge in any of the following areas is a plus: Layer-3 routing, Layer-2 switching, optical networks, data center networking, TCP/IP, Internet peering, content caching, virtualisation, network monitoring and remediation, telco process orchestration/automation, distributed systems engineering, IEEE 802.11 family of standards, NFV, etc.
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Back to top