Connectivity Program Manager, Ecosystem Development
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities â€" we're just getting started.
Attempting to connect the world requires an alternative approach to building and deploying telecom network infrastructure. Through organizations like the Telecom Infra Project (http://www.telecominfraproject.com/) and network infrastructure deployment partnerships, the team collaborates globally with the telecom industry to identify and execute on a range of connectivity programs. If you have experience working with operators, OEMs, ODMs, system integrators and other industry stakeholders to drive innovation, while working on cutting edge and cost efficient wireless, networking infrastructure that will deliver innovative solutions while significantly scaling current networks â€" then this is a great role for you. As a Connectivity Program Manager, Ecosystem Development, you will work closely with the Facebook Connectivity team, network operators and members of the Telecom Infra Project (TIP) communities to develop the ecosystem to support the production deployment of TIP-based technologies into operator environments. Technologies related to these initiatives include wireless access, backhaul, core networking, optical and satellite communication systems, servers and storage. In parallel, you will interface with hardware vendors (original equipment manufacturers and original design manufacturers), software providers, operator procurement organizations and system integrators. Finally, you will work closely with Facebook Infrastructure teams and the telecom industry to convey how we can work collaboratively to achieve the vision of giving people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. This position is full-time and is based in Menlo Park.
- Leverage network operator and infrastructure partners to build and maintain RFP (request for proposal) templates to support the advancement of TIP technologies.
- Work with operators to understand the addressable in-country market demand and forecast the deployment rates for emerging telecom technologies, interfacing with operator technology planning teams, engineering teams, network planning, operations, IT and sourcing.
- Work with vendors to understand the supply signal among ODMs, OEMs, software providers and system integrators.
- External facing role working across several disciplines such as legal, procurement/sourcing, finance and engineering to align all stakeholders to adopt the emerging TIP technologies.
- Manage cross-functional project alignment between TIP, network infrastructure deployment partnerships and TIP Community Lab initiatives.
- Create a strong working partnership with TIP project group chairs, Facebook Connectivity, operators, network build teams and OEMs to promote achievements and drive additional ecosystem partner participation within TIP.
- Work across TIP project group chairs, Facebook Connectivity, operators, network build teams and OEMs to identify requirements, define capabilities and prioritize product features to accelerate operator adoption of TIP based technologies.
- Strategize cross-functionally both with internal organizations and the external partner community to encourage new hardware, software, and use-case contributions and increase active partnership engagement.
- Stay abreast of developments in the telecom infrastructure space and share that knowledge with the wider infrastructure team.
- Willingness and ability to travel internationally up to 10-15% of time.
- 6+ years of experience rolling out new technologies into telecom production environments.
- Experience working cross-functionally with suppliers such as hardware/software, and system integrators to align a set of partners around requirements regarding infrastructure deployments, project group goals, technology trials, and industry events.
- Knowledge of operator procurement and deployment processes for new technologies.
- Experience identifying and interfacing with Tier 1 operator stakeholders such as technology planning, engineering, network planning, operations, IT and sourcing.
- Experience with telecom infrastructure RFP/RFQ processes.
- Experience with the evolution and development of mobile network technologies and industry developments, partners, typical development cycles, performance, current challenges and software solutions.
- Experience understanding network operator deployment scenarios such as different geographies and population densities, indoor/outdoor, ARPUs and use cases such as fixed/mobile access, enterprise/public access to drive development of cost-effective and open infrastructure.
- Program/product management experience in requirements gathering, feature definition and roadmap prioritization related to telecom.
- Experience with communication including presenting to technical and business audiences including the C-suite.
Back to top