Connectivity Lab Deployment Engineer, Intern
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
Facebook is looking for a talented, highly motivated engineer to join the Edge and Network Services team. This team is responsible for deploying and supporting one of the world’s largest, most complex, and robust networks. The Connectivity Lab team has been working on developing new platforms and solutions to provide internet access to the two thirds of the world who are not yet connected to the Internet today. We are looking for someone with a strong wireless and IP networking background to help deploy and operationalize these technologies. This internship is based in our headquarters in Menlo Park, California.
- Comprehensive wireless and TCP/IP network design and implementation.
- Work cross functionally with partners, project management, and network engineering to build network designs to solve for connectivity requirements.
- Collaborate with New Product Deployment team on business model details and viability.
- Interface directly with partners and serve as escalation to connectivity engineering and product teams.
- Develop requirements and develop implementation plans with business partners.
- Work with program managers, procurement, engineering, installation teams and vendors to formalize the site design requirements and deployment plans.
- Work cross-functionally with local municipalities, engineering, and 3rd party vendors.
- Integrate connectivity solutions with carrier/ISP networks.
- Comprehensive documentation of all deployment processes.
- Maintain technical and training documentation, develop automation and tooling as needed.
- Pursing a B.S., M.S. or PhD in computer science, telecommunication, networking or electronics.
- Strong organizational and coordination skills along with multitasking capabilities to get things done in a fast paced environment.
- Knowledge of carrier backhaul including mmWave, microwave, core networks, WIFI access points, or WIFI ISP deployments.
- Knowledge with physical layer of wireless networks, wireless telecom interfaces, implementation, and debugging.
- Experience with at least 1 scripting language (C++, Java, PHP, PERL, PYTHON, etc..)
- Must have effective written and verbal communications skills
- Knowledge of configuring and troubleshooting IP routing/switching technologies and protocols including TCP/IP, BGP, ISIS, OSPF, MPLS, RSVP, and VRRP in a dual-stack IPv4/6 environment is preferred
- Strong familiarity with Linux OS/networking
- Knowledge of interfacing with web services
- Ability to obtain and maintain work authorization in the United States in 2017
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top