(London, United Kingdom)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
As a concept artist at Facebook, you’ll be working with a talented group of industry professionals to build world-class creative with cutting-edge technologies for AR (augmented reality) on mobile environments. Our creative teams are focused on creating content that invites users to engage in immersive, real-time experiences for capturing the everyday. The concept artist work directly with the art director, internal interdisciplinary teams, and other internal/external creators to set the artistic tone and vision for our effects.
This position is full-time and based in London.
Competitive Salary including the following benefits apply:;Medical Benefits ;Dental Benefits ;Vision Benefits ;Pension Benefits ;Life Assurance ;Childcare Benefits ;Gym Benefits;Transport benefits;Laundry Benefit Posted: Specify date Jan 13, 2017Closing date: Feb 18, 2017
- Sketch, ideate, and generate new effect concepts
- Work with the creative team to define the art vision for the project which meets aesthetic and technical goals
- Generate quick sketches, speed-paints and paint-over’s
- Create high-quality concepts which helps determine the mood and style of the effect as a whole
- Work collaboratively under the guidance and direction of an art lead/director to visualize and iterate on concepts and elements
- Create detailed illustrative renditions of characters, scenes, and visual effects to read well on mobile devices for 2D/3D artists and animators to implement into working models
- Provide quick, thumbnail concept for exploration as needed
- Create presentation materials to share concepts broadly
- Create detailed model sheets for artists to work from
- 3+ years industry experience preferred
- Excellent traditional art skills with an eye for atmospheric, perspective, color, and lighting, and the ability to use these skills to properly portray the mood of the concept
- Proficiency in the use of Photoshop or other digital painting tools as well as traditional painting/rendering techniques
- The ability to understand and embellish the greater vision of the art director, while considering the constraints of art style and technical possibilities
- Ability to working in a broad range of styles and aesthetics
- Exceptional skill in communicating an artistic vision, both written and verbal
- Good communication, organizational, time management and interpersonal skills
- Familiarity with product development including workflow, tools, limits of technology, character turnarounds, storyboarding, marketing material, graphic design
- An understanding of game-play mechanics and how they relate to a scene
- 3D knowledge within Maya or other program is helpful
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top