Computer Vision Research Engineer (Oculus)
Careers at Oculus
Part of Facebook
Oculus Research is looking for world-class research engineers with a passion for developing real-time computer vision systems to take human computer interaction to the next level in our research location in Redmond, WA. The focus of this role is on computer vision, machine learning and physically-based modeling as applied to tracking hand pose and interactions with real and virtual objects. The successful candidate must be an exceptional C/C++ software engineer with a solid understanding of applied mathematics and numerical optimization as used in computer vision, robotics, and computer graphics. They will drive cutting-edge and performance-sensitive systems that incorporate the latest innovations in deep learning and computer vision.
- Plan and execute cutting-edge research to advance hand and body tracking
- Develop new advanced technologies related to tracking deformable or articulated objects, 3D reconstruction, photometric stereo, object detection, and appearance modeling
- Collaborate with other researchers, software and hardware engineers, and 3D artists to develop experiments and concepts that advance the entire project
- Mentor MS/PhD interns and collaborate with external academic groups to advance our research goals
- PhD and/or postdoctoral assignment in the field of computer vision, machine learning, computer graphics, robotics or similar
- 5+ years developing software in computer vision, robotics, machine learning or computer graphics, including low-level system development and development on various platforms
- Grounding in 3D math, with experience in applied math and numerical optimization
- A documented history of increasing responsibilities and decision-making experience
- Interpersonal skills: cross-group and cross-culture collaboration
- Able to obtain work authorization in the US in 2017
- 3+ years experience with computer vision - specifically real-time tracking (e.g. of objects, hands, bodies, faces) or 3D reconstruction
- 2+ years experience with convolutional neural networks and recurrent neural networks
- Proven track record of achieving academic results, including papers at conferences such as CVPR, ECCV/ICCV, SIGGRAPH, NIPS, etc.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top