Computer Vision Engineer, (PhD University Grad)
The Oculus team at Facebook builds the VR hardware and platform to let you experience anything, anywhere, with anyone. Additionally, Facebook has teams dedicated to building social experiences in VR that make it easier to spend time with your friends, wherever they are. Virtual realityâ€™s potential to connect the world is immenseâ€"and weâ€™re just getting started. Oculus Research is driving the state of the art forward with breakthrough work in computer vision, advanced optics, eye tracking, mixed reality, and new ways to map the human body. Oculus is seeking a talented Computer Vision Engineer to solve new and emerging vision problems in VR. The Oculus Vision team applies a range of software, computer vision and machine learning techniques to build products that enable new ways for people to connect and share experiences. Our team is addressing a variety of technical challenges in the areas of advanced optics, real-time image processing, depth sensing, SLAM, sensor fusion, 3D reconstruction and human interaction in the form of hand/face/eye tracking. We're looking for candidates who share a passion for exploring and solving complex, unsolved problems at the intersection of computer vision and VR. Open positions are based in Menlo Park, Sausalito, Redmond and Zurich.
- Develop novel, accurate computer vision algorithms and advanced systems with a focus on real-time object tracking, SLAM, sensor fusion, visual odometry, camera calibration and 3D reconstruction
- Research, develop and prototype advanced hardware and software technologies related to tracking, 3D reconstruction, photometric stereo, object detection and appearance modeling
- Apply machine learning to computer vision problems
- Conceive proof-of-concept prototypes that establish overall system performance
- Analyze and improve efficiency, scalability and stability of various deployed systems
- Collaborate with team members from prototyping through production to advance the entire project
- Contribute research that can be applied to Facebook and Oculus product development
- Currently has or is in the process of obtaining PhD in Computer Science, Computer Vision, Machine Learning, Robotics or related technical field
- 3+ years' experience developing real-time computer vision software in C++, including algorithm design and systems software development
- Experience with machine learning, Bayesian filtering, information theory and/or 3D geometry
- Understanding of applied mathematics and numerical optimization
- Prototyping skills
- 3+ years' experience with real-time object tracking, SLAM, sensor fusion, real-time image processing, etc.
- Experience training deep convolutional and/or recurrent neural networks
- Experience with CPU/GPU optimization
- Proven publication track record at conferences such as SIGGRAPH, CVPR, NIPS, ECCV, ICCV, ISMAR, ICML, etc.
Back to top