Computer Vision Engineer, Input Sensing
The AR/VR team at Facebook is helping more people around the world come together and connect through world-class Augmented, Mixed and Virtual Reality hardware and software. With global departments dedicated to AR/VR research, computer vision, haptics, social interaction, and more, we are committed to driving the state of the art forward through relentless innovation. AR and VR potential to change the world is immenseâ€"and weâ€™re just getting started.
Our Core Tech team explores, develops, and delivers new cutting-edge technologies that serve as the foundation of current and future AR/VR products. From mixed reality and human interaction to natural input and beyond, Core Tech is focused on taking new technologies from early concept to the product level while iterating, prototyping, and realizing the human value and new experiences they open up.
Computer vision serves as the main component in many of the most exciting technologies for next generation AR and VR devices. The ability to create an understanding of the 3D world around a user leads to deeply immersive experiences. We are looking for talented Computer Vision Engineers who are interested in developing input sensor technologies that will help enable these experiences. Our team is focused on developing algorithms to enable the capture, processing, and display of 3D content using state-of-the-art hardware. We are looking for motivated engineers interested in taking algorithms all the way from ideation to efficient mobile implementation. The work done by this team is positioned to greatly expand the envelope of great VR.
- Develop and implement algorithms in the areas of 3D geometry, image correspondence, surface reconstruction, camera calibration, and image processing.
- Prototype new and innovative input sensing systems.
- Evaluate future platforms capabilities and performance.
- Participate in innovative research in computer vision.
- Collaborate with cross-functional hardware and software teams to incorporate their innovations and vice versa.
- Bachelorâ€™s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, Robotics or related technical field.
- 4+ years experience in working on computer vision problems (industry or academic research).
- 3+ years experience developing software in C++.
- Experience working collaboratively in cross-functional teams.
- Master's degree or PhD in computer vision, or closely related field.
- Knowledge in 3D geometry, image processing, and machine learning.
- Experience working on VR, AR and/or MR.
- Experience in performance and optimization of CV/ML or image processing software modules.
Back to top