Computer Vision Engineer, Eye (Oculus)
(Menlo Park, CA)
Careers at Oculus
Part of Facebook
Computer Vision is a key ingredient in developing great virtual reality technology. We are looking for an exceptional software engineer with a proven track record in a computer vision (e.g., segmentation, modeling, detection and tracking). As a computer vision engineer at Oculus, you’ll be solving challenges at the forefront of computer vision that transform virtual reality from dream to reality. We’re looking for a creative engineer to usher in the next era of human-computer interaction by solving hard and exciting computer vision problems.
- Develop creative computer vision and tracking software for a variety of Oculus products.
- Participate in cutting edge research in computer vision.
- Develop novel real-time 3D scene reconstruction techniques and delivering accurate visual odometry systems.
- Apply machine learning to computer vision problems.
- Research and prototype techniques and algorithms for object detection and recognition.
- Contribute research that can be applied to Oculus product development.
- Develop robust software for integrating multiple sensors and tracking systems.
- Prototype hardware and software solutions for tracking, detection and modeling.
- Perform research that enables modeling and tracking the human body.
- MS or PhD degree in Computer Science, Computer Vision, Machine Learning, or related technical field
- 5+ years developing and designing Computer Vision technologies and systems
- 3+ years of experience engineering in C++
- Background in Computer Vision
- Prototyping skills
- Knowledge in machine learning, Bayesian filtering, information theory, and 3D geometry
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top