Computer Vision Engineer
- Zurich, Switzerland
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
The Oculus team at Facebook is helping more people around the world come together and connect through world-class VR hardware and software. With global departments dedicated to VR research, computer vision, haptics, social interaction, and more, Oculus is committed to driving the state of the art forward through relentless innovation. VR's potential to change the world is immense - and we're just getting started.
Our Zurich Core Tech team explores, develops, and delivers new cutting-edge technologies that serve as the foundation of current and future Oculus products. From mixed reality and human interaction to natural inputs and beyond, Core Tech is focused on taking new technologies from early concept to the product level while iterating, prototyping, and realizing the human value and new experiences they open up.
Computer Vision is a key ingredient in developing great virtual, augmented, and mixed reality technology. We are looking for experienced software engineers with a proven track record in computer vision for a broad range of topics, from real-time SLAM, tracking, visual odometry and state estimation to 3D stereo reconstruction, depth sensing, and sensor fusion to object recognition and scene understanding. As a Computer Vision Engineer at Oculus, you'll be solving challenges at the forefront of computer vision that transform virtual reality from dream to reality. We're looking for a creative engineer to usher in the next era of human - computer interaction by solving hard and exciting computer vision problems.
- Design and develop novel algorithms for real-time scene and object tracking, reconstruction and understanding.
- Develop prototypes for future VR/AR/MR experiences, drive continued development, and integrate robust solutions into product.
- Collaborate with cross-functional engineering and research teams in computer vision, machine learning, and graphics.
- Participate in cutting edge research in computer vision that can be applied to Oculus product development.
- MS or PhD degree in Computer Science, Computer Vision, Machine Learning, or related technical field.
- 2+ years of experience engineering in C++ or Python.
- 2+ years of experience developing and designing Computer Vision technologies and systems.
- Prototyping and engineering experience in at least one relevant specialization area in Computer Vision:
- State estimation
- Dense 3D reconstruction
- Sensor fusion
- Object recognition
- Scene understanding, etc.
- Applications and resumes to be submitted in English.
- PhD degree in Computer Science, Computer Vision, Machine Learning, Robotics or related technical field.
- 2+ years of industry experience working on projects in: real-time SLAM and 3D reconstruction, sensor fusion and active depth sensing, object and body tracking and pose estimation, and/or image processing.
- Background in machine learning with experience in large scale training and evaluation of deep convolutional and/or recurrent neural networks.
- Experience with CPU/GPU and mobile optimization.
- Publication track record at conferences such as SIGGRAPH, CVPR, NIPS, ECCV, ICCV, ISMAR, ICML, etc.
Back to top