Computer Vision Algorithms Lead, Building 8
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Building 8 brings together world-class experts to develop and ship groundbreaking products at the intersection of hardware, software, and content. We have a clear mandate to ship products at scale. In particular, seemingly impossible products that define new categories and that advance Facebook's mission of connecting the world. The B8 team will apply DARPA-style breakthrough development at the intersection of ambitious science and product development. It will operate on aggressive, fixed timelines, with extensive use of partnerships in universities, small and large businesses.This is a two-year position based in our Menlo Park office. The Technical Project Team has the responsibility for scoping the effort from inception to product, communicating it to others, creating the partnerships necessary to achieve targeted results, and hitting key milestones. Building 8 seeks a Computer Vision Algorithms Lead for an exciting project involving advanced optics, image and audio processing, and computer vision/machine learning. The successful candidate will work closely with one of our Technical Project Leads to do a requirements analysis, develop algorithm proposals, to solve a number of challenging problems in 3D scene understanding and inverse rendering.
- Collaborate with internal team members, external partners from academia and industry to develop unique problem solutions
- Translate ideas into and concrete algorithms, and implementations
- Develop proof of concept prototypes which establish the overall system performance
- Ph.D. degree or equivalent combination of education and experience in Computer Vision, Image Processing or Machine Learning
- Author on one or more papers in ICCV, CVPR, or Siggraph
- Experience in the application of Machine Learning and particularly Deep Learning to 3D computer vision
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively across diverse teams from industry and academia
- Experience with algorithms using RGBD data
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top