Computer Forensic Engineer
(Dublin, Ireland - Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Facebook's Security team is looking for a highly motivated Computer Forensic Engineer to analyze and manage internal investigations while also implementing new detections for suspicious activities. This individual should have extensive experience in computer forensics and have the ability to carry out investigations from collection to reporting. Candidates are expected to bring expert-level knowledge in computer forensics to help solve complex internal investigations. As part of the role, this person will work side by side our engineering teams to help implement solutions that help keep systems and information safe.
- Perform investigations using data from many different sources to identify suspicious activity.
- Work with engineering teams to develop new detection capabilities.
- Work with current forensic team to build out functions and processes specific to internal investigations.
- Design, implement, and document computer forensic services, including evidence seizure, computer forensic analysis, and data recovery.
- Work with teams to build tools and automation to enhance the security of our corporate services.
- Knowledge and understanding of Forensic artifacts as they pertain to Windows, macOS, Linux, iOS and Android forensics.
- Familiarity with multiple forensic tools (e.g. SIFT Workstation, Sleuthkit, Secondlook, F-Response Enterprise, EnCase, FTK, Cellebrite, X-Ways, etc.).
- Ability to develop tools using an interpreted programming language (PHP, Python, Ruby, Powershell, etc.).
- Ability to interpret information from multiple sources and work with large data sets (data analytics).
- Familiarity with database tools/systems such as Hbase, SQL, HQL.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 4+ years of computer forensic experience.
- MS in Computer Science/Engineering.
- GCFA, CISSP, GCIH Certification.
- Coding proficiency in PHP, Python, and/or C++.
- Networking and UNIX system administration experience.
- Experience performing memory collection and analysis using Volatility, Rekall and/or other open source tools.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top