Compliance Manager, APAC
(Hong Kong - Singapore)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
The Facebook Global Ethics and Compliance team is looking for an independent, team-oriented professional who can collaborate effectively with a wide variety of stakeholders and prioritize effectively in a fast-moving business environment.
This role will report to the existing APAC Compliance Manager and focus on Greater China, but will also support other regional and global compliance needs. The ideal candidate must be fluent in English and Mandarin Chinese and possess excellent verbal and written communication skills. As the first point of contact for local compliance matters, the right candidate must be able to understand and assess risks across a wide variety of business areas - being able to build relationships with diverse stakeholders is critical, as is the ability to triage compliance issues and escalate appropriately.
This is a full time role, which can be based in either Singapore or Hong Kong.
- Develop and execute compliance program initiatives across APAC markets, with a focus on Greater China
- Conduct risk assessments to identify compliance issues and develop appropriate risk mitigation measures
- Review local compliance approval requests and triage matters for resolution or escalation
- Develop and manage relationships with functional leaders and key stakeholders
- Partner with cross functional stakeholders to provide compliance support to the business
- Develop and conduct compliance training for employees and third parties
- Conduct compliance due diligence on third parties
- Monitor business activities for potential compliance risk implications and maintain a current understanding of relevant functional processes
- Provide support for compliance policy, process, and tool development and identify opportunities for programmatic improvements
- Up to 30% regional travel may be necessary
- Self-starter with 7+ years of industry or consulting experience in risk mitigation, business process consulting, internal audit, or ethics and compliance in a multinational company
- Experience in media, technology, and/or manufacturing and proven knowledge of core business processes within these industries is a plus
- Ability to prioritize effectively in a fast-paced environment and work cross-functionally across multiple geographies (in APAC and elsewhere), functions, and employees of diverse backgrounds
- Strong interpersonal skills, flexibility, and a collaborative team-oriented problem solving approach are critical
- High degree of professional ethics and attention to detail
- Strong analytical capabilities and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Fluency in English and Mandarin Chinese and the ability to write clearly and concisely
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top