Compliance Audit Specialist
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Come join the team responsible for working on any and all things related to Payments Compliance on Facebook. You will work collaboratively with a dynamic group of XFN stakeholders, including but not limited to, Legal, Product, Engineering, Finance, Internal Audit, and Marketing. You will help create innovative scalable compliance systems and processes to harness the "transactional" power of Facebook, Instagram, WhatsApp, Messenger, and other Facebook companies. You will help Facebook Payments ensure that its compliance policies, internal controls, and systems help Facebook in its mission to "make the world more open and connected." Facebook Payments Inc. ("Facebook Payments") is committed to complying with Anti-Money Laundering / Counter-Terrorist Financing ("AML / CTF") obligations imposed by federal, state, foreign, and other applicable laws. These governing laws and regulations may include without limitation the following: Bank Secrecy Act ("BSA"); USA PATRIOT Act of 2001 ("Patriot Act"); rules and regulations overseen by the United States Department of the Treasury's Office of Foreign Assets Control ("OFAC"); and other requirements applicable to registered money services businesses ("MSBs"). Whether you are aligned with more technical projects or people-oriented tasks, our team consists of creative thinkers that are excellent problem solvers. We work everyday on problems that no company has ever seen. To be successful on our team, you must be able to fully express complex solutions that you are not afraid to defend across a wide range of stakeholders including internal partners, regulators, and law enforcement. You are an expert in identifying risk areas, designing controls to monitor and validate compliance with requirements, and testing controls. You are someone who loves auditing and is motivated to help execute the strategy for the global compliance audit program as it scales. You are excited by the opportunity to ensure processes are efficient, effective, and compliant with regulatory and compliance requirements.
- At the end of the day, we are a compliance team, where you will be a crucial member in meeting our regulatory requirements and keeping our communities safe
- You will conduct testing to determine effectiveness of compliance with regulatory requirements and internal policies and procedures
- You will help monitor and support resolution of issues identified during examinations, audits or independent reviews
- You will work with legal subject matter experts and outside counsel to monitor and interpret the various laws, regulations, contractual obligations and industry best practices relating to Facebook Payments
- BA / BS degree
- 6+ years of compliance / risk management experience
- Experience in process and control mapping methodologies
- Experience with vendor risk management programs
- Analytical and critical thinking skills
- Collaborative and a relationship builder with interpersonal skills
- Ability to learn, prioritize tasks, and deliver results in a fast-paced environment
- BA / BS in CAMS, CFE, CCEP or CIA certification
- 6+ years of compliance / risk management experience in payments
- Experience working with or in support of diverse communities
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top