Company Investigator Manager
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
As a Company Investigator Manager at Facebook, you will lead a team responsible for any matter that may be a potential violation of law or company policy. The responsibility of our company investigators is to conduct a prompt, thorough, and fair investigation comprising background research, investigative interviews, and de-brief meetings in partnership with Employment Law, Security, HR Business Partners, Internal Audit, and the business.
The key to success in this role will be the ability to work effectively across geographical and cultural boundaries with an ability to discern systemic issues revealed during the investigative process. This requires a high degree of empathy balanced against an ability to provide direct feedback and confront witnesses with difficult information. Investigators then must be able to articulate issues to the business in the form of findings and conclusions so that long-term solutions can be developed and applied.
- Partner with Employment Law, Security, HRBPs, Internal Audit, and businesses to conduct a prompt, thorough, and fair investigation
- Manage investigations end-to-end, including intake meetings, background research, investigative interviews, and debrief meetings with leadership
- Proven ability to lead, motivate and develop teams
- Ability to easily develop trust and rapport and influence partners and business leaders
- Remain respectful and diplomatic in the face of difficult and uncomfortable situations surrounding an investigation
- Ability to understand data to drive decisions and understand the impact on the business and business goals
- Utilize data to develop long-term solutions for systemic issues
- Ability to influence partners and business leaders
- Ability to travel at least 20 -30%
- 10+ years of experience handling internal HR investigations
- 5+ years of people management experience
- Experience in identifying root causes of issues and experience addressing and solving problem
- Employment Law experience
- Formal training in Investigations
- Project management experience both at a strategic and tactical level
- Relationship management experience in a cross-functional environment across global teams
- Able to conduct an investigation that will withstand cross-examination in multiple jurisdictions without being pedantic or prosecutorial
- Able to detect prevarications
- Able to work independently with sound judgment
- Attention to detail and follow-through
- BS/BA or MS
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Yumeng T.Research Scientist
Yumeng spends her days working with machine learning models for search products and completing product-level coding projects.
Back to top