(Austin, TX – Dublin, Ireland – London, United Kingdom – Menlo Park, CA – New York, NY – Seattle, WA – Singapore)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
Facebook is looking for an experienced, creative, collaborative workplace investigator to join our investigations team. As an investigator, you will be asked to look into any matter that may be a potential violation of law or company policy. This will involve background research, investigative interviews, and de-brief meetings in conjunction with legal, HRBPs and the business.
Partnering closely with the Employment Law Department, Security, HR Business Partners and Internal Audit, the successful candidate must be able to conduct a prompt, thorough and fair investigation but always remain respectful, pleasant and diplomatic. The role will involve travel when investigations take place in other Facebook offices across the globe. The successful candidate must have a sense of humor, strong work ethic and exceptional business partnering skills.
Key to success in this role will be the ability to work effectively across geographical and cultural boundaries with an ability to discern systemic issues revealed during the investigative process and articulate them in the form of findings and conclusions to the business so that long-term solutions can be developed and applied.
In addition to conducting investigations, Company Investigators will work closely with the Learning and Development team in developing and delivering compliance education programs and other trainings designed to proactively address workplace issues.
This is a full-time role located across Facebook’s global offices.
- Partner closely with Employment Law, Security, HRBPs and Internal Audit to conduct a prompt, thorough and fair investigation.
- Remain respectful, pleasant, and diplomatic in the face of difficult conversations and uncomfortable situations
- Help to develop long-term solutions for systemic issues
- Work with Learning and Development to develop and deliver compliance education programs and other trainings designed to proactively address workplace issues.
- 8+ years of experience in handling internal company investigations, exposure in Employee Relations/Human Resources is a must
- Background in Employment Law is a big plus
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities
- Able to work independently with excellent judgment
- Able to conduct an investigation that will withstand cross-examination in multiple jurisdictions but not pedantic or too prosecutorial
- Exceptional relationship management skills in a highly cross-functional environment
- Able to work across many business units, from engineering to sales in many different cultures
- Flexible and adaptable to rapidly changing environment
- High degree of empathy balanced against ability to provide direct feedback and confront witnesses with difficult information
- Ability to detect prevarications
- Good business acumen and a deep understanding of the Facebook culture
- Creativity, adaptability, and perseverance
- Exceptional, proactive, and creative project management skills both at a strategic and a tactical level
- Ability to independently identify and act on priorities and leverage opportunities
- Exceptional attention to detail and follow-through
- Solid facilitation and training skills and experience
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities at the same time.
- Ability to travel at least 30 – 40%
- College degree required.
- Formal training in investigations a plus
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top