(Menlo Park, CA - New York, NY - Seattle, WA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
As a Company Investigator at Facebook, you will be responsible for any matter that may be a potential violation of law or company policy. The responsibility of our company investigators is to conduct a prompt, thorough, and fair investigation comprising background research, investigative interviews, and de-brief meetings in partnership with Employment Law, Security, HR Business Partners, Internal Audit, and the business.
Key to success in this role will be the ability to work effectively across geographical and cultural boundaries with an ability to discern systemic issues revealed during the investigative process. This requires a high degree of empathy balanced against an ability to provide direct feedback and confront witnesses with difficult information. Investigators then must be able to articulate issues to the business in the form of findings and conclusions so that long-term solutions can be developed and applied. Additionally, company investigators will work closely with the Learning and Development team to develop and deliver compliance education programs and trainings designed proactively to address workplace issues.
This is a full-time role located in the United States, and will involve travel when investigations take place across Facebook's global offices.
- Partner with Employment Law, Security, HRBPs, Internal Audit, and businesses to conduct a prompt, thorough, and fair investigation.
- Manage investigations end-to-end, including intake meetings, background research, investigative interviews, and debrief meetings with leadership.
- Remain respectful and diplomatic in the face of difficult and uncomfortable situations surrounding an investigation.
- Help to develop long-term solutions for systemic issues
- Work with Learning and Development to develop and deliver compliance education programs and other trainings designed to proactively address workplace issues.
- Bachelor's degree required
- 5+ years of experience handling internal company investigations within Employee Relations or Human Resources
- Formal training in Investigations
- Facilitation and training experience
- Ability to travel at least 30 - 40%
- Employment Law experience
- Project management experience both at a strategic and tactical level
- Relationship management experience in a cross-functional environment across global teams
- Able to conduct an investigation that will withstand cross-examination in multiple jurisdictions without being pedantic or prosecutorial
- Able to detect prevarications
- Able to work independently with sound judgment
- Attention to detail and follow-through
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top