Community Operations Escalations Specialist, Risk and Response
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities â€" we're just getting started.
The Community Operations Escalations Team coordinates across different internal and external teams to help intelligently scale enforcement and application of Facebook's Community Standards. Our team focuses on identifying areas for improvement, optimizing processes, solving challenging problems, and most importantly, helping to prevent them in future. This is an exciting opportunity to help drive impact and strengthen user trust on Facebook and Instagram.
We are seeking a team-oriented problem solver who can build strong relationships and thrives in ambiguity. You work well in high pressure situations, and quickly implement solutions, activating partners and subject matter experts as needed. You communicate clearly to various stakeholders, and provide key updates and findings as high priority escalations unfold.
- Investigate reported escalations across multiple channels on Facebook and Instagram
- Respond to escalated user/press/partner inquiries with high quality, speed, and accuracy
- Interpret and enforce Facebook/Instagram Community standards and policies
- Develop and implement scalable solutions to support our global processes
- Partner with cross-functional teams to improve Community Standards enforcement, quality, reporting and tools
- Collaborate with policy and product teams to drive continuous process improvements in the interest of improving user experience
- Remain up to date on key workflow changes, operational guidelines, policy updates and Community Standards
- Please note that some weekend and holiday work will be required on a shift basis
- Address traumatic, sensitive and potentially offensive content
- BA/BS degree
- 2+ years of experience in an online operations, project management or online escalations environment
- Analytical-thinking and problem-solving experience
- Experience managing projects and coordination with a variety of global cross-functional partners
- Experience managing escalations through process to resolution
- Communication: demonstrated experience influencing across functional boundaries and/or globally
- Ability to use and learn tools like SQL and Excel to drive analytics and reporting
- Bilingual experience
- Conflict management and negotiation skills
- Understanding of Facebook community standards and policies
Back to top