Community Manager, Workplace, Community Operations
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
Community Operations’ focus is on supporting our users through both direct support interactions as well as scalable solutions, and on improving the health of our products by helping people understand how to use them.The Help Communities Team builds and leads global communities of scale where people can share, learn, and help each other get the most out of their Facebook experiences. Through this new role, the team expands to provide coverage for the Workplace by Facebook Help Community. People work in different ways, around the world, and Workplace’s mission is to help them stay connected. We are seeking a community-building expert to join our growing Help Communities team. You are passionate about supporting and engaging with our Workplace customers and enjoy acting as the face and voice of their community. You are comfortable acting in the public sphere and cultivating community advocates. You are a team-oriented problem solver who can build strong relationships and communicate clearly to various stakeholders. You thrive in ambiguity and can help draw actionable insights from customers to help drive informed improvements to our Workplace Help Community.This is a full-time position based in our Menlo Park headquarters.
- Manage and grow Workplace by Facebook’s Help Community
- Help design and execute moderation, engagement, and product-feedback strategies for the Workplace Help Community
- Support, educate, and build relationships with the people who use Workplace
- Drive projects and strategies to ensure overall forum health and ensure community questions and feedback receive high-quality, timely responses
- Explain complicated product and policy concepts in simple, jargon-free language using Workplace’s voice
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously while maintaining close attention to detail and meeting short, frequently changing deadlines
- Leverage data to identify trends, provide actionable insights, and improve Workplace’s product and support experiences
- BA/BS degree required
- 2+ years of experience in community management, customer advocacy, or marketing communications
- Ability to communicate to a variety of audiences effectively: adjust tone and approach for the different customer in the community
- Ability to manage competing priorities
- 2+ years of experience in an online operations environment
- 2+ years of project management experience
- Ability to use and learn tools like Excel to drive analytics and reporting
- Enterprise software/technology experience
- Ability to navigate and resolve sensitive situations among community members
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top