Community Development Strategic Communications Coordinator
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities â€" we're just getting started.
Facebook designs, builds, and operates some of the most innovative and efficient data centers in the world. Developing, operating and managing the data center infrastructure and facilities the "right" way is synonymous with ensuring high uptime, capacity availability, flexibility and capital and operational cost efficiency in a safe, healthy working environment. Additionally, it is important to us that we play a positive role in the communities in which we operate our data centers.
Facebook is seeking an individual to join our data center community development team. This role will partner with our site selection, operations, communications and public policy teams to advance community development initiatives in each of our global data center regions. This position is full-time and will be located in Menlo Park.
- Partner with internal teams to understand company and infrastructure related goals and initiatives and how to advance them at the local level
- Partner closely with Communications team
- Optimize Facebook's regional data center community development plan
- Monitor local community needs and report back to leadership with regular cadence
- Lead various projects related to data centers and community development, as needed
- Partner closely with Communications and other teams on internal and external communications strategies for Community Development. Lead work related to these strategies, in tandem with communications team
- Develop presentations, talking points and other communications resources for Community Development and Data Center Teams
- Manage external requests from local teams
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally as needed (up to 50%)
- 4+ years of communications and public relations/public policy work experience
- Bachelor's degree in communications, political science or relative experience
- Data center experience
Back to top