Community Development Regional Manager (West)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities â€" we're just getting started.
Facebook designs, builds, and operates some of the most innovative and efficient data centers in the world. Developing, operating and managing the data center infrastructure and facilities the "right" way is synonymous with ensuring high uptime, capacity availability, flexibility and capital and operational cost efficiency in a safe, healthy working environment. Additionally, it is important to us that we play a positive role in the communities in which we operate our data centers.
Facebook is seeking an experienced individual to join our data center community development team. This role will partner with our site selection, operations, communications and public policy teams to advance community development initiatives and maintain important relationships in each of our global data center regions. This position is full-time and will be located at either Prineville, OR; Seattle, WA or Los Lunas, NM.
- Partner with internal teams to understand company and infrastructure related goals and initiatives and how to advance them at the local level
- Maintain and optimize Facebook's regional data center community development plan
- Build strong relationships with local community partners
- Monitor local community needs and report back to leadership with regular cadence
- Work in partnership with internal teams to develop strategies for community involvement
- Coordinate diligence and strategic planning surrounding charitable activities and other community initiatives
- Lead various projects related to our data centers as needed
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally as needed (up to 50%)
- 7+ years of experience in state and local policy, government relations, or economic development
- Experience communicating and representing the companyâ€™s interests with local economic development personnel, government officials and hired lobbyists and consultants
- Bachelor's degree in political science, communications, business or relative experience
- Data center experience
- JD or MPA
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top