Communications Planning Lead
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started. We are hiring a Communications Planning Lead, DE to join the Communications Planning and Media Investment (CPMI) teeam, part of Facebook's Consumer Marketing organization. The CPMI team are responsible for communications planning, media strategy and execution for all consumer-facing campaigns across the Facebook family of apps. This role is responsible for all of Facebook's campaigns within Germany (and across DACH). The role reports into the Communications Planning lead, International Marketing. The role is based in Berlin but will require regular travel to London (International Marketing HQ) and Menlo Park (Facebook HQ).
COMMUNICATIONS PLANNING LEAD RESPONSIBILITIES
- Build strong relationships and ensure alignment across the global CPMI team, including but not limited to: the Communications Planning lead International Marketing, the CPMI leadership team and other CPMI country leads
- Build strong cross-functional relationships at the lead, director and executive level, across the International and central marketing teams, Decision Science, Insights, Creative and relevant sales teams
- Overseeing the workload and career development of the DE Integrated Media Manager and dotted line responsibility for the EMEA On Platform Buyer
- Development of the DE annual media plan and all consumer facing campaigns. Ensuring that campaigns align with the global strategy, business objectives, incorporate industry innovation, measurement and leverage appropriate channels across both digital and traditional
- Working with Decision Science (our internal analytics team) and Insights to develop audience definition and insights, the campaign learning agenda and measurement plan. Post campaign to evaluate the performance and to share learnings to further our understanding of the true incremental impact of our investments
- Aligning with the central CPMI Centre of Excellence team to create and implement best practices, media investment plans, channel strategies and joint business partnerships with strategically important partners (publishers, broadcasters etc)
- Ownership of the relationship and performance of our media agency at the country level. Collaborating with them on the development of the media strategy, plan and execution
- Thought leadership & championing the work amongst International Marketing and the wider CPMI team.
- Ultimately, to become the go to person for leadership for all DE media campaigns and initiatives
- Experience in strategic planning, either within an agency or within a client organisation
- Proven track record in building strong relationships and presenting to executive leadership
- A deep understanding of the strategic relationship between media and other marketing functions
- Measurement, analytics and proven experience in gathering audience insights and using those to tell a compelling story
- People management and proven experience in managing a high performing team
- Experience leading the development of full funnel media strategies from inception to launch, as well as communicating the role of individual channels vs. how channels complement each other in a plan
- Deep knowledge and understanding of the trends impacting media, measurement and analytics
- Experience managing a media agency
- Experience working directly with a creative team to marry creative ideas/strategy with media strategy and channel selection
- Experience leading a team in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with people who have varying levels of expertise
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
RELATED JOB OPENINGS
- Business Marketing Manager, DACH
Berlin, Germany + 1 More
- Client Partner, Disruptors & VC's
Berlin, Germany + 1 More
- Client Partner, Marketplace
Berlin, Germany + 1 More
- Client Solutions Manager, Entertainment
- Client Solutions Manager, Marketplace
- Marketing Researcher
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com . Requests sent to this email address that do not pertain to disability or religious accommodations cannot be answered.
Questions? Check out our FAQs.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Yumeng T.Research Scientist
Yumeng spends her days working with machine learning models for search products and completing product-level coding projects.
Back to top