Communications Manager, Writer
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
We are looking for a strong writer to support our communications efforts. The ideal candidate will have a portfolio of written material that proves an ability to convey nuanced ideas about products and policies in clear, elegant prose. An ability to communicate complex concepts in simple language is crucial. We're looking for someone who can work collaboratively, deliver high-quality work on tight deadlines, and adapt to quickly changing demands. Proven organizational and deadline writing experience is critical.This position is located in Menlo Park, California.
- Draft and edit blog posts, op-eds and statements on behalf of executives
- Write on topics ranging from public policy to artificial intelligence
- Research and write on tight deadlines
- Manage multiple projects at once
- Work closely with teams across the company
- Help develop complementary multimedia assets
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, English or relevant field
- 5+ years of experience in executive communications, journalism or speechwriting
- Experience writing on a tight deadline
- Experience working with and writing for executives or policy officials
- Professional experience in political, technology communications or a related sector
- Grasp of Facebook and issues relevant to technology companies
- Experience working directly with principals and writing about sensitive policy matters or technical material
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top