Communications Manager, Video Product
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
Facebook is seeking an experienced Communications Manager to lead strategic communications around Facebook’s video products, especially as they relate to publishers and creators. This person will be responsible for leading our communications strategy across various video products for publishers, managing product launches and tests, and working with executive spokespeople on speaking and industry events. The role requires close work with cross-functional stakeholders to develop narratives and campaigns focused on how our video products support publishers and creators on Facebook.
Candidates must have a passion for Facebook products and the media industry. Excellent media and community relations, crisis communications, and content development skills are crucial.
This person is expected to maintain relationships with key media, bloggers, and influencers and should be highly organized, energetic, and detail-oriented. The candidate will also be an excellent writer and be able to drive cross-functional teams towards a launch or common goal.
The position is located at our headquarters in Menlo Park, California.
- Lead communications strategy across various video products
- Devise and execute communications campaigns to position and support Facebook’s video products, manage product launches and tests, and work with executive spokespeople on speaking and industry events
- Build relationships with the media and engage with press, bloggers, analysts, influencers, and the general public as a Facebook spokesperson
- Manage a broad range of proactive and reactive projects across the communications team
- Work with executives and internal stakeholders across the company including cross-functional partners in product, marketing, policy and research
- Work closely with external PR agencies to lead proactive and reactive PR campaigns, source speaking opportunities, and prep spokespeople
- Bachelors degree in communications or related field
- 10+ years professional PR experience
- Experience with product launches, strategic communications, executive communications, and project management
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a cross-functional team in a fast-paced environment, managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to build relationships with business, industry, and technology media and blogger
- Ability to lead multi-stakeholder projects
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top