Communications Manager, Video
(Los Angeles, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
We're seeking a highly motivated consumer communications professional to join the Facebook video communications team. In this role, we're looking for an individual to work closely with our product and partner teams to support their efforts in making our products accessible and engaging to consumers.
This is a highly strategic position for a person who not only can drive high profile product campaigns, but can also proactively build engaging programs geared towards people who use Facebook. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience working with lifestyle and entertainment media, including broadcast, print, trade and blogs.
In addition, this role will also oversee communications efforts for our video rights management product. In this capacity, this individual will drive messaging around how digital publishers and public figures can leverage our tools, while regularly educating the media about this area of our business.
We're looking for a candidate who demonstrates the ability to drive proactive, reactive and crisis communications, and is capable of working with cross-functional groups to achieve maximum communications objectives. Ability to take complex concepts and distill them into clear, easy to understand communications is a skill needed for this role. The ideal candidate should have a passion for Facebook, video and consumer tech products.
The position is a full-time position based in Los Angeles, California.
- Develop key messaging/positioning and execute campaigns to support video products
- Build and maintain relationships with press, bloggers, and influencers to drive positive press coverage
- Work closely with various Facebook teams and external agencies to drive campaigns and reactive strategy
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously across the communications team with great skill
- Engage with executives on strategic initiatives and speaking opportunities
- Work autonomously and as part of a cross-functional team in a fast-paced environment
- 6+ years of relevant experience, both agency and in-house
- Bachelor's degree
- Skilled at product launches, strategic communications, executive communications and project management
- Experience with online content/video either at an entertainment or technology company
- Project management and decision-making skills
- Ability to work under pressure, with deadlines
- Experience working with executives
- Rights management experience with content creators and digital publishers.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top