Communications Manager, Security
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
Facebook is seeking a Manager, Policy Communications to guide proactive and reactive communications across all the different aspects of a service that connects more than a billion people around the world. This unique role entails using a variety of communication tactics to help manage Facebook’s external brand across a wide range of topics, including core areas that influence people’s experience with Facebook, such as security, safety, and privacy of people’s information.
Candidates should demonstrate both an ability to build scalable proactive communications programs and an ability to deconstruct complex issues and work with a cross-functional team to quickly address them. Excellent media and community relations, crisis communications, proactive communications strategy, creative problem-solving, and content development skills are crucial. This person is expected to build and maintain relationships with key media, bloggers, and other relevant entities, and should be highly organized, energetic, and detail-oriented.
The position is located in Menlo Park, California.
- Serve as a specialist on the Policy Communications team who can manage proactive and reactive cross-product communications with an emphasis on security.
- Collaborate closely with colleagues across the Communications, Marketing, and Public Policy teams to create cross-product narratives and build creative programs to educate consumer and policymaker audiences about Facebook’s work to keep people and their information safe.
- Engage with press, bloggers, analysts, influencers, and the general public as a Facebook spokesperson.
- Develop and write a wide range of written material like reactive statements, public blog posts + comments, FAQs, speeches, presentations, and talking points.
- Counsel cross-functional partners in engineering, product, policy, legal, and other groups within the company on a broad set of communications matters, ranging from media engagement strategy to crisis management.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, English or related field
- 6+ years of professional PR, agency and in-house experience
- Post-graduate or professional degrees
- Experience working in the technology industry and crisis communications experience
- Ability to work flexible hours and ability to travel as needed
- Experience handling topics with reporters and navigating situations with analysis
- Knowledge of the information security community and industry
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top