Communications Manager, Search
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
Facebook is seeking an experienced Communications Manager to lead strategic communications for Facebook Search and related products. A key member of the Communications team, this individual will be responsible for proactive communications campaigns to reach a range of audiences and stakeholders, including consumer media, industry press, media and tech influencers and third-party groups. This person will also be responsible for product launches for Facebook Search, managing ongoing communications, reactive and crisis communications, and staffing executive spokespeople. The position requires a passion for Facebook products and consumer tech products in general, and candidates should demonstrate an ability to build and lead scalable proactive communications programs, with tangible results. Excellent media and community relations, crisis communications, communications strategy, and content development skills are crucial. This person is expected to maintain relationships with key media, bloggers, and influencers and should be highly organized, energetic, and detail-oriented. The ideal candidate will also be an excellent writer and be able to work cross functionally to drive teams towards a launch or common goal.
- Devise and execute communications campaigns to position and support Facebook Search and related products
- Media outreach – build relationships with the media and engage with press, bloggers, analysts, influencers, and the general public as a Facebook spokesperson
- Manage a broad range of proactive and reactive projects across the communications team
- Work with executives and internal stakeholders across the company including cross-functional partners in product, marketing, policy and research
- Work closely with external PR agencies to lead proactive and reactive PR campaigns, source speaking opportunities, and prep spokespeople
- Minimum bachelors degree in communications or related field
- 12+ years professional PR experience, agency and in-house
- Experience working with corporate, technology, consumer and business media and bloggers
- Experience with product launches, strategic communications and project management
- Experience managing projects and leading stakeholder projects
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top