Communications Manager, Research
- Menlo Park, CA
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking a Communications Manager, Research to support a wide variety of research and policy-related issues.
A key part of this role will be helping the company effectively communicate about important research projects and their findings. The ideal candidate will be comfortable working cross functionally with key partners across the company, seeking out key information and distilling it for a variety of uses. The ideal candidate will have a background and passion for research, and has the ability to investigate how global affairs and events affect communities, governments, companies and technology. Highly motivated and versatile, this person should have a deep understanding of the media landscape (both local and national), be hands-on, and ideally have a background working on research projects, including polling, surveys and focus groups. This person is also able to proactively assess communications risks and vulnerabilities associated with various projects that could affect Facebook, and is comfortable proposing solutions.
This position will be based in Menlo Park, CA; San Francisco, CA; or Washington, D.C.
- Develop strategies to effectively communicate about a range of research projects led by Facebook
- Work cross-functionally with a variety of teams including Research, Product, Legal, Policy and Marketing to better understand the communications issues facing Facebook and its family of apps
- Collaborate with an internal staff of project managers, communications professionals and researchers to conceptualize and produce impactful, data-driven and compelling reports
- Develop and execute communications plans to successfully highlight the important research work done across the company, including key messages, talking points, blog posts, speeches and other collateral as needed
- Develop relationships with key reporters, pundits and outside third parties
- 8+ years of communications experience working on public affairs, crisis communications or issues management
- Experience participating in research projects and translating findings into communication narratives
- Experience working with policy makers and experience working in technology policy
- Experience working with local, state, and national media outlets
- Experience working with polling groups, conducting surveys, and working with focus groups
- Experience working collaboratively with internal stakeholders and building consensus
- Experience working with governments, NGOs or other public policy entities
- 10+ years of communications experience working on public affairs, crisis communications or issues management
- Experience speaking on the record as a company spokesperson
- Experience with global media outlets
Back to top