Communications Manager, Product and Partnership APAC
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking an experienced Communications Manager to lead part of our APAC Communications team that will be responsible for all our product and partnership communications through the region. Working closely with communications leads in countries and our team in the US, their role will be to:
Support Facebook's Media partnerships, including news, entertainment and sports partners.
Deliver strategic communications for our news and consumer products especially News Feed but also our core Facebook products.
Oversee communications in the region for our growing family of apps and services, including Oculus, Messenger and Workplace.
Help drive innovative consumer communications around key products like Video and with our partners.
This person will be responsible for proactive communications campaigns to reach a range of audiences and stakeholders, including the people who use our products, consumer and industry press, media and tech influencers and third-party groups.
The position requires a passion for Facebook's products and a deep understanding of the tech industry, the environment we operate in and the challenges we face. Candidates should demonstrate an ability to build and lead multi-country proactive communications programs, with tangible results. Excellent media and community relations, crisis communications, communications strategy, and content development skills are crucial, in addition to strong relationships within the tech and media communities.
The role will report to the Director of Communications for APAC and be based in Singapore.
- Devise and execute communications campaigns to articulate and support Facebook's relationship with news partners.
- Devise and execute communications campaigns to position and support News Feed, support product launches and ranking updates, develop and train spokespeople, and manage speaking engagements for executives.
- Build relationships with the media and engage with press, bloggers, analysts, influencers, and the general public as a Facebook spokesperson.
- Manage a broad range of proactive and reactive projects across the communications team and the region.
- Work closely with communications leads in key countries in the region to deliver campaigns.
- Work with executives and internal stakeholders across the company including cross-functional partners in product, marketing, policy and research.
- Work closely with external PR agencies to lead proactive and reactive PR campaigns, source speaking opportunities, and prep spokespeople.
- Develop creative strategies to drive positive press coverage around products and partnerships overseas.
- Minimum bachelors degree in communications or related field
- 10+ years professional PR experience, agency and in-house preferred
- Expertise with product launches, strategic communications, executive communications, and project management
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a cross-functional team in a fast-paced environment, managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong relationships with business, industry, and technology media and bloggers
- Ability to lead multi-stakeholder projects and manage a team
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top