Communications Manager, MENA
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities â€" we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking a Communications Manager to support our communications efforts, primarily around our ads products for business of all sizes in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA).
We are looking for someone who is passionate about Facebook, has knowledge of the digital industry, is an excellent writer, and has strong experience in developing and executing high-profile communications initiatives. To find success in this position, the ideal candidate needs to be creative, hard-working, be able to thrive in a demanding, fast-moving environment and work on a number of projects simultaneously.
As an ideal candidate, you will have a deep understanding of marketing, the media landscape, and the changes to media habits caused by the shift to mobile. You will have strong experience in executing high-profile communications initiatives as well as intimate knowledge of how reporters work, and you are an excellent writer in both English and Arabic. You will also have a strong network of contacts across the region but primarily in the UAE, Saudi Arabia, and Egypt.
The role requires managing proactive and reactive communications, from planning to execution. This position is full-time and is located in Facebookâ€™s Dubai office.
- Execution of public relations efforts related to our advertising solutions available to businesses across the MENA region, including SMBs and large advertisers
- Work closely with external PR agencies for ads products and advertising as well as broader growth and product initiatives
- Educate press, bloggers and influencers about Facebook ads products and initiatives
- Drive coverage in business and advertising trade media
- Support and manage the creation of comms programs, press materials and customer/partner reference programs in MENA countries
- Organize press briefings, media sessions, and events (in conjunction with central ads comms lead and local country managers)
- Prepare briefing materials and manage spokespeople as necessary
- Minimum Bachelorâ€™s Degree and the ability to apply relevant knowledge from this field to communications
- 8+ years professional experience in communications or public relations, both agency and in-house preferred
- Fluency in English and Arabic
- Experience working in Internet, Technology and/or Advertising PR industries
- Experience working with business and opinion leaders to achieve communications goals
- Experience in managing PR agencies, contractors and project management Experience working in diverse cross-border teams or in an international environment
- Team player with strong project management and decision-making skills
- Proficient in the practical application of technology
Back to top