Communications Manager, Malaysia
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities â€" we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking an experienced Communications Manager to lead the companyâ€™s communications efforts in Malaysia. The successful candidate will be an excellent writer, with strong experience in developing and executing high-profile communications programs, managing press relations and issues management. The role is hands-on, and will lead proactive and reactive communications, from strategy to messaging to execution.
This role is based in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
- Develop and execute communications strategies and initiatives to lead Facebookâ€™s product, policy, monetization, consumer communications
- Interface and consult regularly with cross-functional teams across the company, many of whom are in the US
- Educate users, press, bloggers, analysts and influencers about core Facebook products and initiatives
- Drive positive coverage across a broad range of media, including consumer, business and advertising trade outlets
- Protect and enhance the reputation of Facebook and its products
- Support and manage the creation of press materials and customer/partner reference programs
- Respond to and route incoming media requests from the Malaysian media
- Manage agency support
- Organize press briefings, media sessions, and events
- Prepare briefing materials and manage executive spokespeople
- Minimum bachelors degree, post-graduate or professional degrees preferred.
- 10+ years professional experience, both agency and in-house preferred
- Exemplary verbal and written communication skills
- Fluency in English and Bahasa Melayu
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work autonomously in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
- Ability to think, plan, and execute resourcefully
- Experience in the Internet technology industry a plus
- Passion for Facebook essential
Back to top