Communications Manager, Indonesia
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking an experienced Communications Manager to lead the company's communications efforts in Indonesia. The successful candidate will be an excellent writer, with strong experience in developing and executing high-profile national communications programs, managing press relations and handling corporate issues. The role is hands-on, and will manage proactive and reactive communications, from strategy to messaging to execution. This role is based in Jakarta, Indonesia.
- Develop and execute communications strategies and initiatives to support Facebook's product, platform, monetization, consumer and policy efforts in Indonesia
- Interface and consult regularly with cross-functional teams across the company, many of whom are in California.
- Educate users, press, bloggers, analysts and influencers about core Facebook products and initiatives
- Drive positive coverage across a broad range of media, including consumer, business and advertising trade outlets
- Protect and enhance the reputation of Facebook and its products
- Support and manage the creation of press materials and customer/partner reference programs
- Respond to and route incoming media requests from Indonesia media
- Manage agency support
- Organize press briefings, media sessions, and events
- Prepare briefing materials and manage executive spokespeople
- Bachelors degree
- post-graduate or professional degrees preferred.
- 10+ years professional experience, both agency and in-house preferred
- Exemplary verbal and written communication skills – Bahasa Indonesia and English
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work autonomously in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
- Ability to think, plan, and execute resourcefully
- Experience in the Internet technology industry a plus
- Passion for Facebook essential
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top