Communications Manager, Germany (Instagram)
Instagram is a global community of more than 1 billion, which means jobs here offer countless ways to make an impact in a fast growing organization. Instagram was built to connect people to the people and interests they love. Our app has played a critical part in forming meaningful communities where people can connect with each other and share what matters most to them.
Instagram is seeking an experienced Communications Manager to join our growing team in Germany. The successful candidate will have experience in developing and delivering communications initiatives that reach multiple audiences, with specific experience engaging young people and parents. They will have strong media, blogger and influencer contacts and experience developing and delivering multi-channel communications campaigns to drive brand love and achieve measurable real results.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about Instagram and is excited about the impact social media is having on German society. They will have extensive knowledge of local youth trends and experience developing reputation, driving campaigns and managing issues. They will also have experience of briefing and preparing spokespeople and managing high-profile issues.
The ideal candidate will be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously, be creative, flexible, happy to work in a fast-paced demanding environment. They will have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work with a number of teams, across Europe and between Germany and the US, and manage an agency partner.
This position will report to the Communications Lead in region.
This role requires excellent communication and writing skills in both English and German.
This is a full-time position based in Hamburg.
- Drive positive coverage across media and social platforms that reaches audiences important to Instagram
- Develop and execute creative communications strategies and initiatives to support Instagramâ€™s operations in Germany
- Protect and enhance awareness of Instagram and its products in mainstream consumer media outlets
- Organise press briefings, media sessions, and events. Prepare briefing materials and brief executive spokespeople
- Educate the public, press and influencers about Instagram products and initiatives
- Respond to and route incoming media requests from media across Germany
- Help manage agency support within Germany
- Work closely with the rest of the Instagram Communications team in Germany, EMEA and the US on the consumer and business side
- Work and consult regularly with cross-functional teams across the company, many of whom are in Hamburg, London and California, particularly with partnerships, marketing, policy, product and sales.
- Minimum bachelors degree or equivalent and the ability to apply relevant knowledge from this field to communications
- 8+ years professional experience in communications or public relations experience working on the ground in Germany necessary (additional experience in the DACH, Benelux and CEE regions, a plus)
- Have strong existing media, blogger and influencer relationships in Germany
- Experience working with consumer, corporate, tech, lifestyle and business/marketing media and influencers
- Experience managing communications crisis and issues
- Excellent communications, project management and decision-making skills
- Experience in managing PR agencies and contractors and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work autonomously in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
- Deep understanding and passion for Instagram and Facebook is essential
- Excellent oral and written communication skills both in English and German.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Yumeng T.Research Scientist
Yumeng spends her days working with machine learning models for search products and completing product-level coding projects.
Back to top