Communications Manager, Editorial
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
As a Communications Manager at Facebook, you will spearhead production of documentary style short films that showcase people’s success stories on Facebook and highlight the company’s mission. You will source story leads, interview, write creative briefs, develop scripts and manage post-production, while leading a team of contractors and production agencies.
Your team will support clients across the Company- from executives to product teams- to provide video content of anecdotal user stories for conferences, Q&As and product pop-ups. The ideal candidate will have a track record of success in video journalism or film production with extensive experience and passion in visual storytelling and a deep understanding of the Company’s mission.
- Own production and editorial process of short, documentary-style films that highlight people using Facebook’s products and the Company’s unique mission
- Develop and source untold, mission-driven stories for strategic uses: Q&A, keynote addresses, conferences, pop ups
- Become deeply familiar with Client’s priority products and cultural moments
- Interact with community on a regular basis about their use of client platform.
- Manage multiple projects at once
- Create and maintain media library of videos and story ideas for distribution and use across the company
- Manage payment, on-boarding, scheduling, production and post-production processes of multiple freelancers or vendors
- Lead video production for events and executives when needed
- 7+ years experience as a documentary filmmaker or news producer
- 5+ years experience managing production workflow, teams and creative processes
- Credentials in video production
- Track record of building relationships
- Ability to work with internal and external clients to deliver a desired product
- Media management skills
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top