Communications Manager, Consumer Products
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is looking for a Consumer Manager, Goodwill to support communications for Facebook's Goodwill team. The Goodwill team is focused on building brand experiences and products that are compassionate and empathetic to the range of experiences people have every day, such as seeing memories through On This Day, sending personalized videos to celebrate a birthday or friendversary, or celebrating a major holiday.
This role will focus on developing and managing proactive and reactive global public relations efforts for these products and brand experiences, with focus on creative storytelling around moments in time that may have meaning to a community - such as Halloween, Mother's Day or World Emoji Day, or major brand moments throughout the year. A successful candidate will have a passion for creative storytelling as well as strategic, data-driven communications, and have some strong press contacts with consumer, broadcast and tech media. This role will work well with a complex and collaborative product team to amplify global product launches, and be a strategic, flexible, and resourceful communicator able to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Partner with cross-functional teams across the company particularly with product development, product marketing and brand marketing
- Drive positive press coverage in consumer print/online, multicultural and broadcast media
- Enhance awareness of Facebook and its products in mainstream consumer media outlets
- Conceptualize and execute creative consumer PR and marketing campaigns with media and other partners
- Organize press briefings, media sessions and events, often times with little oversight or guidance
- Understand and effectively evaluate global communications risks
- Bachelors degree in communications, marketing, or relevant degree
- 7+ years of work experience at a PR agency and/or in-house, with focus on a consumer goods or consumer tech sectors
- Experience in product launches and project management or programs
- Experience in strategic thinking and communication
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top