Communications Manager, Community Products
- San Francisco, CA
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is looking for a Communications Manager to join its Community Products Team. The team's mission is to show how Facebook enables the best of what people can do together. This person will support Facebook's community products, which includes Facebook Groups, Facebook Campus, Facebook Dating and Facebook Events.
In this role, you'll have the opportunity to share the stories of connection and community that happen every day within Facebook's global community. You will work closely with product teams to amplify global product launches and innovations, devising and executing ongoing campaigns to tell this work.
The ideal candidate is an experienced leader, a natural storyteller, a strong communicator, has great relationships with the media, and excels at working across multiple internal and external teams. You should be passionate about the services we provide and the people that we serve.
- Develop strategies and own day-to-day execution for global communications programs related to our community products and programs
- Directly responsible for proactive planning, crisis management, spokespeople trainings, and media briefings
- Strengthen existing and cultivate new relationships with print and online media, broadcast producers, bloggers and influencers
- Interface and consult regularly with cross-functional teams across the company, including Product Marketing, Partnerships and Policy
- Manage agencies to support day-to-day and broader campaign efforts
- Partner with executives to create narratives and create executive briefings
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, English, Journalism, Public Relations or related field
- 10+ years of work experience in a communications role
- Experience working with senior executives
- Product communications experience
- Experience in consumer technology or community related products
- Experience building consensus among multiple internal stakeholders
- Experience managing reactive communications
- 12+ years of work experience in a communications role
- Corporate and agency experience preferred
- Experience managing a team
Back to top