Communications Manager, Benelux
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities â€" we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking a Communications Manager to support our communications efforts, primarily around our business products for companies of all sizes in Belgium, Netherlands and Luxemburg.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about Facebook, has knowledge of the digital industry, is an excellent writer, and has strong experience in developing and executing high-profile communications initiatives. To find success in this position, the ideal candidate needs to be creative, hard-working, be able to thrive in a demanding, fast-moving environment and work on a number of projects simultaneously. But most importantly: feel excited about taking your seat in the Facebook rocketship and contribute to connecting the world.
As an ideal candidate, you will have a deep understanding of the media landscape in Belgium and the Netherlands, marketing and the changes to media habits caused by the shift to mobile. You will have strong experience in executing high-profile communications initiatives as well as intimate knowledge of how reporters work, and you are an excellent writer in both English and Dutch language. Knowledge of the French language is preferred.
This position will report to the Head of Communications Benelux. The role requires managing proactive and reactive communications, from planning to execution. This position is full-time and will be primarily located in Facebookâ€™s Amsterdam office.
- Execution of public relations efforts related e.g. to our advertising solutions available to businesses across the Benelux region, including SMBs and large advertisers, but also towards consumer media
- Work closely with external PR agencies
- Educate press, bloggers and influencers about Facebook products and initiatives
- Drive coverage in media, especially in business and advertising trade media
- Support and manage the creation of comms programs, press materials and customer/partner reference programs in the Benelux
- Organize press briefings, media sessions, and events (in conjunction with central comms lead and local country managers)
- Work cross-functionally with marketing, policy, product and sales
- Prepare briefing materials and manage spokespeople as necessary
- Minimum Bachelorâ€™s Degree and the ability to apply relevant knowledge from this field to communications
- 5+ years professional experience in communications or public relations, both agency and in-house preferred
- Fluency in English and Dutch
- Experience working in Internet, Technology and/or Advertising PR industries
- Experience working with business and opinion leaders to achieve communications goals
- Experience in managing PR agencies, contractors and project management
- Experience working in diverse cross-border teams or in an international environment
- Team player with strong project management and decision-making skills
- Proficient in the practical application of technology
Back to top