Communications Manager, Austria & Switzerland
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook seeks an experienced Communications professional to manage our public relations activities and campaigns in Austria and Switzerland. This role's aim is to further expand our media relations in the two countries and plan, implement and measure localized, tailor-made PR activities.
The successful candidate has an understanding of the relevant media landscapes, managing general, business and consumer media. This person will work closely with Facebook's communications team, our business, sales and policy teams to amplify proactive press campaigns. The aim should be to turn policy related announcements into tangible consumer media focused stories and amplify relevant product launches. This role also requires the experience in managing issues and deal with topics in the area of policy and economics.
Excellent writing skills both in English and German are needed, with French as a plus, as well as the ability to manage multiple high-level projects simultaneously. Strong organizational and management skills are both key to success in this role.
This is a full-time position based in Hamburg or Berlin reporting to the Head of Communications D-A-CH
- In collaboration with product, partnerships and sales teams, develop proactive communication plans for products and issues associated with Facebook focusing on Austria and Switzerland.
- Conceptualize and execute creative PR campaigns with media and other partners.
- Work cross-functionally with executives across the company as well as peers in communications including product, platform, monetization, corporate, international, policy, etc.
- Drive positive press coverage in Austrian / Swiss general print, regional media, consumer and trade press around Facebook's mission of helping to connect, communicate and share in unprecedented ways.
- Support proactive and reactive communications strategies and day-to-day media handling around all issues touching Facebook.
- Organize press briefings, media sessions and events and help executives deliver messages succinctly and articulately.
- Build relationships with media, industry analysts, influencers and other external stakeholders.
- Protect and enhance awareness of Facebook and its programs in media outlets.
- Help manage external PR agencies and budgets.
- Minimum bachelor's degree.
- At least 7+ years of professional experience.
- Experience in media relations, a focus on contacts in Austria and / or Switzerland is beneficial.
- Experience in issues management.
- Having worked with a tech company is a plus.
- Ability to work well under pressure, with tight deadlines.
- Strong project management and decision-making skills.
- Experience in working with PR agencies and contractors.
- Ability to think and communicate strategically with a variety of people.
- Deep understanding and passion for Facebook is a must.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills both in English and German, French beneficial.
Back to top