Communications Manager, AR/VR (Oculus)
Facebook is looking for an experienced Communications Manager to lead communications for Facebook's AR/VR research labs, including the groundbreaking work coming from Oculus Research. The ideal candidate is someone who can work with executives, has strong media relations skills, and is comfortable navigating between internal and external communications. This person should have relevant experience managing PR and communications for complex technologies and products.
This person will be a critical member of the team that's leading global communications for Facebook's efforts in augmented and virtual reality. A passion for AR/VR technology and research and the ability to move fast in fluid situations is key.
This position is full-time and will be located at the Facebook research lab in Redmond, Washington. There will be frequent travel to Facebook HQ in Menlo Park, CA.
- Build an effective communications strategy for AR/VR research, supporting the Chief Scientist and research leadership team.
- Create a compelling narrative that communicates Facebook's long-term vision for AR and VR, through the lens of Research.
- Help the research team bring that vision to life via multiple external and internal channels including blogs, presentation engagements, media publications, and social media.
- Design a speaking program for the research team and staff leaders at external and internal events.
- Assist the team on internal communications, including regular All-Hands and Q&As.
- Review and provide communications support for research papers.
- Interface and consult regularly with cross-functional teams including policy, recruiting, legal, product, marketing, HR, and engineering across the AR/VR organization and Facebook.
- Organize press briefings, media sessions, and events.
- Bachelors degree
- Experience working with research organizations
- 7+ years work experience in technology communications environment
- Post-graduate or professional degree
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top