Communications Manager, APAC
(Seoul, South Korea)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
Facebook is seeking an experienced Communications Manager to lead the company’s communications efforts in Korea. The successful candidate will be an excellent writer, with strong experience in developing and executing high-profile national communications programs, managing press relations and handling corporate issues. The role is hands-on, and will manage proactive and reactive communications, from strategy to messaging to execution.
- Develop and execute communications strategies and initiatives to support Facebook’s product, Platform, monetization and policy efforts in Korea
- Interface and consult regularly with cross-functional teams across the company, many of whom are in California.
- Educate users, press, bloggers, analysts and influencers about core Facebook products and initiatives
- Drive positive coverage across a broad range of media, including consumer, business and advertising trade outlets
- Protect and enhance the reputation of Facebook and its products
- Support and manage the creation of press materials and customer/partner reference programs
- Respond to and route incoming media requests from Korea media
- Manage agency support
- Organize press briefings, media sessions, and events
- Prepare briefing materials and manage executive spokespeople
- Minimum bachelors degree
- post-graduate or professional degrees preferred.
- 10+ years professional experience, both agency and in-house preferred
- Exemplary verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work autonomously in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
- Ability to think, plan, and execute resourcefully
- Experience in the Internet technology industry a plus
- Passion for Facebook essential
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top