Communications Director, India
We are looking for an experienced professional to lead overall communications. The role will manage a broad range of communications efforts including major announcements and events, product launches, executive, and strategic communications. The successful candidate will be highly experienced at devising and executing complex media campaigns, handling issue and crisis management, possess deep relationships, and the ability to work with senior executives. A keen understanding of technology and especially social networks, as well as knowledge of how policy and regulatory environments intersect is essential in this role. The ideal candidate will have experience managing a high-performing team and be proactive, creative and highly organized. This role is based in Delhi and will report into the Managing Director & Vice President, India.
COMMUNICATIONS DIRECTOR, INDIA RESPONSIBILITIES
- Build and lead a communications team overseeing all media relations work
- Devise and execute major communications strategies and campaigns to support Facebook's strategic objectives
- Manage a broad range of proactive and reactive projects and coordinate across the broader Facebook corporate communications team
- Work cross-functionally with product, platform, policy, corporate and international PR teams on individual media opportunities and broader programs
- Work with senior executives and teams across the company including engineering, product, sales, marketing and legal
- Build deep relationships with press, bloggers, analysts, influencers and other external stakeholders about core products and initiatives
- Work closely with external PR agencies to lead proactive and reactive PR
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Communications, or English
- 20+ years of experience with the more recent roles being leading communications or marketing units
- 10+ years of experience managing full-time employees, communications agencies and marketing and communications units in large institutions
- Post-graduate or professional degrees preferred
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com .
RELATED JOB OPENINGS
- Associate Manager, Governance
Menlo Park, CA + 1 More
- Communications Manager, Japan
- Director of WhatsApp Public Policy, India
- Privacy and Data Policy Manager, AI Research
Menlo Park, CA
- Public Policy Manager, Payments and Blockchain, EMEA
Brussels, Belgium + 1 More
- Public Policy Manager, State
San Francisco, CA
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org . Requests sent to this email address that do not pertain to disability or religious accommodations cannot be answered.
Questions? Check out our FAQs.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Yumeng T.Research Scientist
Yumeng spends her days working with machine learning models for search products and completing product-level coding projects.
Back to top